Monday, July 5, 2010

Cafe Beirut

So hellooo there! Friday night I blogged about a crazy Lebanese restaurant I came across. Well it is only 25 days old... so I will not badger myself about how my "restaurant hunting" skills have gone down-hill. Today we got together a good group of us (4 of us) and had a nice argeeli. We got a little bit hungry, and being all smoked out, we decided to check out this "Cafe Beirut".
Everyone around me knows, I am the PICKIEST of all eaters. If I like a place, and it's food....then it MUST be good. We went in there, expecting it to be like every "average" Lebanese place here. I know guys reading this, some of these places are a little less than average **cough-the Palace- cough cough**. But I think we can ALL agree that Cafe Beirut was one of the BEST we had to date in this city. I mean the place is small, it reminds me of the small shawarma places on the streets of Beirut, but WOW WHAT A SANDWICH.
Never in my life have I seen a shawarma sandwich served up so lavishly. My friends I am talking about seasoned bread...the herbs on the top made it look amazing. Served with a side of lettuce and yes guys, brace yourself...a piece of pineapple and strawberries....the dish was to DIE for. Can i add that the lettuce was GREEN...meaning it was fresh and was crispy to the bite. Some places should upgrade their lettuce before they hit the meat (thats to you Mr.Hajj). The owner was pretty cool too. He's got some musical skills, and makes you really feel at home. I called him the shawarma artist. Taking tips from Amsterdam and Parisian chefs, his food looked JUST as good as it tasted. Come-on guys...someone who can make a simple shawarma sandwich look like that is definitely an artist. After we finished our meal (in silence at how good it was), he brought us out a cool mango, cut and raised up in a simple but ever so classy way. Ill have the pics up. Check this place out fellow food lovers, divertiti! Arivaderci!

P.s. Marinates with wine and reallll Lebanese spices. What a God-send to this city.






2 comments:

  1. I told you dude! it was worth is wasnt it! All it needs is some hookah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree! One of the best cafe's in Edmonton :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search