Friday, July 2, 2010

Ivy Says: Tourists in Lebanon :)

I was on a site today by the name of IVY . Ivy apparently is hilarious. Ivy has strong opinions. I loved them. This is a tiny exert from Ivy's post about Tourists in Lebanon. It made me laugh at the top of my lungs.... and I thought I'd share it with you.

"A gulf man, wearing a shiny D&G three sizes smaller shirt, with nasty sandals and enough perfume to suffocate a group of hamsters, followed me around while I was shopping in Beirut Souks. I was dressed decently, in other words, I did not look like a prostitute. But of course the man said stuff like: I love Lebanese girl and how much? HOW MUCH!!!! Priceless you ape!

I get it , we don’t have the best reputation abroad but this man has the audacity to treat me this way on my turf!!!"

I really couldn't agree more with you Ivy. I mean our women dress as they please, party until the sun comes out, and are the most beautiful in the world (in my opinion at least), so we get people like gulf men(mostly Kuwaiti's and Emerati's... as the Saudi's have a bit more respect than the first two mentioned) running around and treating our women like prostitutes. I want to make it clear, a women who dresses as she pleases, has freedom to do what she wants, and dates OPENLY is not a PROSTITUTE. In fact (and this goes out to the Middle Easterner's who have a bad image about Lebanese women), I would suggest a walk down Ain Mraysseh area of Beirut... SURPRISE! Most of the prostitutes aren't Lebanese! WOW :) So please respect the country your in, and the people who live in it. This doesn't only apply to the FREAKS and PIGS who treat our women like skanks, but to the RECKLESS drivers...come on man! You think because your in Lebanon you can drive like a flippin lunatic? Especially since we know in whatever country your coming from your most likely driving sanely and following the damn laws! Also littering? Like anjad. Nothing pisses me off more than some kalbi from abroad throwing garbage out the window of her car while she's driving (like an angry rhino on the loose) and then goes back to Canada, America or England only to sit and complain about the garbage problem in Lebanon.

To earn respect, you must give respect. Ugh. So pleasee respect Lebanon, it's people, and it's history. If you dont like that? You could always go and vacation in the deserts of the Gulf. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search